KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosch WTE84105GB tumble dryer that has just

Customer Question

I have a Bosch WTE84105GB tumble dryer that has just started playing up.
The machine will run for about 30 mins and will then cut out with no warning light (or any other lights) showing on the front panel.
The machine needs to be switched off/on at the wall before it will work again. It will then run again for a minute or so before cutting out again. If the machine is left longer (to cool down) before restarting it will run a bit longer before cutting out again.
Does this sound like something I can fix myself? I see the spares for the thermostat and high temperature cut out are quite reasonably priced - could the issue be thermostat related?
Many thanks in advance,
Dom.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dom, welcome to just answer ... does it heat/dry clothes ? I think the problem is with the heater assembly going bad and will need replacement ... how old is it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it heats up fine. The unit is about 5 years old.
Thanks for that ... if the internal duct is clean then the problem is with the moisture sensor. The sensor circuit consists of an electronic control in the console and sensors that are typically located on the front bulkhead of the dryer. When sensor dry is selected the wet clothes in the dryer come in direct contact with the sensors and complete an electrical circuit. This circuit causes the control board’s capacitor to discharge and that prevents the timer motor from advancing. When clothes are nearly dry they fail to complete this circuit and the timer begins to run until the end of the cycle. If these sensors are defective or become coated with fabric softener, then the dryer will shut off before the clothes can dry.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
So all good ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin

Sorry for not getting back to you.

After 30mins of use my dryer cuts out. The controls on the front panel are non-responsive and the machine needs to be turned off and on again at the wall.

Would a faulty moisture sensor require a "hard reset" like this, or would it just present the laundry as dry when it was still damp?

Many thanks,

Dom.

Yes Dom it is because the control board will need replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are these bits things I can buy and replace myself?
I have had a quick look on 4Bosch, PartMaster and BuySpares but I can't see a likely match.
Do you know where I can find them?
Many thanks.
The PCB is available here
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome. Thanks.

You're welcome....Good Night