George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a bosch Exxcel 7 vary perfect. None of the touch pad

I have a bosch Exxcel 7 vario perfect. None of the touch pad buttons are working. There is also a round symbol on the left of the panel I do not recognise ( looks like a round drum?) Any ideas what to do. We managed to get the machine working when it did this on last wash by holding down start button for long time but this does not seem to be working now. The symbols are all illuminated and data/information does change when you move the programme dial but when you press buttons they do not change anything.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the ENR of the appliance please.. this can be found inside the door opening

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the number is ***** and then FD(###) ###-####

The machine is now beeping and the timer changing on its own. When I press the start button I get E:00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Thank you Martin... Awaiting documentation for your model as all models are different.. I will respond as soon as it arrives.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Any idea how long this will take?

Best

Martin

Ususally within the hour Martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks George.

After lights flashing and bleeps the machine is now working on a wash cycle having not touched it since I started our conversation. Seems to be behaving very oddly. Clearly can't have it doing this everytime we want to wash some clothes. Is there a factory reset we could do?

Hi Martin,

I have spoken to the tech dept regarding your problem.. They have confirmed my suspisions that there is no E:00 error code for this model and therefore it seems that you have a malfunctioning board.

I am sorry to be telling you this and for making you wait to find this out, but I didn't want to give you that information without confirming it first.

One thing you could try if this happens again, is to completely unplug the appliance from the mains supply and wait for atleast 10mins before plugging it in again.

regards
George

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

OK - thanks for the info. Do you have an idea of what approximately I would be looking at to replace the board and pay a technician to undertake the work? Just a rough figure - wouldn't want to hold anyone to this but it helps get an idea of prices.

Best

Martin

I have no idea Martin as all engineers charge differently...

However, if you phone Bosch on 0344(###) ###-####they could probably give you a repair cost or a monthly insurance which will repair your appliance and give you 12 months on everything else on the machine too.

regards
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair