KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I can't open the door of my LG WM 1280 FHD after it completed

I can't open the door of my LG WM 1280 FHD after it completed a cycle. No error code showing.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... has the washer stopped full of water or its empty ? when was the drain pump cleaned and how old is the washer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The washer completed it's cycle, emptied and spun,showed "end" on the display but failed to release the door catch.
Put through a second spin cycle, the same final sequence occurred.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I forgot your second question. The pump filter was cleaned 6 months ago and was not very dirty. The washer was bought in 2002, and has had regular light use with no problems except having to give the door a tap to get the cycle to start. This is a longstanding glitch.
Thanks for the info. ... the problem is with the door lock mechanism that is bad and will need replacement ... a new one will cost around£45 + labor ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information which confirms my suspicions! I still can't get the door open, however. Is there any way to release the catch without removing the drum? I have had the back and top off, but access to the lock is difficult.
Sorry for late response, I was out for few hours... you will have to remove the top and front and then open the door to replace lock mechanism