KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Avantixx 8 tumble dryer - It cuts out between 1 and 1 minute

Avantixx 8 tumble dryer - It cuts out between 1 and 1 minute after starting, usually after 10 seconds. You then have to wait 1 minute before trying to operate it again. When you turn the dial to a program the display lights up with drying time, you can press start and the drum rotates and heats air but straight away cuts out with no power or display after 10 seconds.
Model Number WTE84306GB/24
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem is with the heater assembly that will need replacement... a new one will cost around £60+ labor.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have looked on spares and the heating element costs around £130, is this correct, would a defective heating element cause the display to go off. Replacing that element looks like a fairly straightforward job.

OK, can you also test the thermostat and element for continuity ?
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks