KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Phillips TV will not switch on, there is power but the

Customer Question

Hi my Phillips TV will not switch on, there is power but the light on the front is on for 3 seconds off for 2 seconds and this is followed by a quick double flash and this sequence just keeps repeating?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model no. 42PFP5532D/05 and it is about 6 years old

Thanks for that ... this is a +12V protection error which indicates problem with the power supply board... a new board will cost around £80+ labor.

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks