KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Have a Zanussi ZWF14581W washing machine. When any cycle is

Have a Zanussi ZWF14581W washing machine. When any cycle is selected and started the machine runs for one or two seconds and then the "Lock" light starts to flash with a random clicking sound, no error reported on the display though. If left for a while the machine seems to reset itself and the tries to start cycle again but the same thing happens.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kevin, thanks for your suggestion. When I tried the machine one last time error E40 did come up on the display, which is a 'door lock' fault. On further investigation the connector plugging into the door lock assembly showed signs of burning on two of the four contacts. The connector and the door lock assembly have now been replaced and the machine is working fine. Thanks once again for your help. Regards, Dave.

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.... Good Day