Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The ignitor on my Zanussi freestanding gas oven is not working.

The ignitor on my Zanussi freestanding gas oven is not working. There is no spark or sound coming when you press the button. We are using matches to light the oven and hob. Could this be because something is unplugged or just broken and what spare part would I need to order
oven details below
model no ZCG563FW
P.N.C###-##-####
thanks in advance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok theres 2 things that will cause this, Either the battery is faulty or the switch itself.
If you open the main oven door and look at the very bottom of the oven frame in the bottom left you will see a plastic cover.
Open this and theres a battery in there. Try and replace this and see if this cures the fault.
If it doesnt then the push button is the fault and that will need to be replaced.
Thats the only things that will stop all the burners from sparking so check the battery and if thats fine then the switch itself is the fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.