Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Mike I have a greenstar heatslave 18/25, when demand

Customer Question

Mike I have a greenstar heatslave 18/25, when demand for hot water at the taps the hot water runs out quickly. If I pull out the hot water phial it operates correctly. There is to much temperature at the top of the store, can you help me mate
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Did you say you have replaced the stat, or did you mean you put it back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I replaced the stat
Is this the stat on the storage tank, if so do you think the motorised valve that feeds the tank is failing?Can you monitor the valve and see when it closes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is a new motorised valve, as l said if you pull the hot water phial out everything functions correctly. If you put the phial back in, it reaches temperature quickly. If then you run a tap it soon loses its temperature and goes cold only when the phial has cooled down does the stat cut in the burner. For some reason the top of the store stays to hot. Could it be scaled up?.
If it was scaled then it would heat up slowly and run until satisfied.Yours is turning off so it thinks it is hot enough, and the top actually is.It could be down to circulation through the tank being the problem, like when you turn a rad down and only the top gets hot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you recommend be done then.

How dirty is the water in the heating system?

This could cause issues in the water/water heat exchanger