Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Caple DI605dl integrated dishwasher. The 'on' button

I have a Caple DI605dl integrated dishwasher. The 'on' button started working intermittently and now does not turn on at all. The dishwasher still has power. Any ideas what is wrong? Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you press and hold the power button do the lights come on and stay on untill you let go?

Do any lights come on at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, no lights come on when I press and hold

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if you have been having trouble with it turning on before it stopped working then i assume you have checked the plug socket and tryied it in another socket. I know you said it has power so a live will be there but if you loose a neutral then you wont know unless you have tested it with a multi meter. But if the power supply is fine then its more then likely the control unit on the right handside that has the power button on it. Remove the outer wooden door and the plastic control unit and you will see the control unit on the right. Just check the wiring there and if you have 230V there but it isnt turning on the the control unit will be the fault and will need to be replaced to cure this. As the program button is part of that so as you said it was playing up before this happened then its more then likely that at fault here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A couple of the last times the dishwasher worked it did not drain fully (checked drainage, was fine - ran a rinse cycle and standing water drained).

Is this the part required:

http://www.4caple.co.uk/dishwasher/di605dl-fa05d0e0400/pcb/product.pl?pid=2052283&path=642016&model_ref=621847

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yeap thats the main power board so it isnt cheap im afraid as you can see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it better to replace this board, or to replace the dishwasher with something like this:

http://ao.com/product/ltf11m132c-hotpoint-ultima-standard-dishwasher-stainless-steel-27901-23.aspx

i.e. I don't want to replace the board and then have to replace the whole dishwasher later anyway.

Or is it worth trying to get the board repaired?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok personally i wouldnt repair Caple brands and Haier brands as they are both the same as they are not the most reliable machines out there. I know some companys dont bother to call out and repair them due to the fact they are not the best built machines as they are produced in China so not the best.

So link you sent for the hotpoint dishwasher is a decent machine and personally one i would go for.