Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a canon gas cooker and two of the burners do not work

I have a canon gas cooker and two of the burners do not work I have tried giving them a good clean. Are the silver parts that are attached to the cooker able to be removed to see if they are blocked there only appears to be one screw but I cannot get them off after removing the screw.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , do the burners work if lighting the gas with a lighter ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no neither of them can be lit with match or lighter
OK ,if you take off the top burner plates , you will see the gas jets . use a hoover to suck any dirt out of them and clean any stuck food etc that may be blocking them . turn on the gas .can you hear it coming through? Or smell it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have just done that i can smell gas on one of them but it will not light and nothing coming through on the other
OK , the control k on is fully on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Control k? both knobs were fully on
Dhi check the sparkers are clean to . take the top burner plate off ,and use the sparking button. Can you see the spark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes all 4 spark, the one I can smell gas on not so good as the others but all spark
OK ,the one that gas is coming from still won't light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it seems to blow the match out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and it doesn't light with the ignition spark
Can you try one thing. Get a needle and put it down both jets to clear . then hoover again , put it all bvack together again and try to light . if this doesn't work you will need a gas safe engineer to investigate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
omg ok both jets blow out if I put them on full but if I put them on low they are both staying on
That's great. However I'm am worried they are blowing out. That may indicate the gas pressure at the Meter is a little too high get an engineer in to check asap , please. You don't want it blowing out and neat gas filling up the house . but you must have cleaned them out well .
Would you mind rating my answer please, thanks