Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

There, i have a glow warm boiler, and this morning when

Customer Question

Hi there, i have a glow warm boiler, and this morning when i opened the hot water and got cold water i checked the boiler and pressure was very low in the red i checked the radiators found a leak so cut the water supply to the radiator. I increased the pressure it boiler later to find the pressure was too high and water leaking from the bottom on opening i found water leaking from a pipe on the right. I reduced pressure but boiler keeps goin off every time i swicth it on, can u help please
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , make sure the vpressure is about 1.2 bar , reduce by drawing from rad air vent orv increase using the filling loop . see if the boiler comes on . you may have to reset , by reset button if there is one or by turning power off completely for a few mins.
If the boiler comes on run the heating and listen to the sounds coming from it , ie does the fan run , does it light,try to light, etc does it sound like it is overheating ? Kettling sound ?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i switch the boiler on it makes a clicking sound which then stops. When i put the heating on after a delayed response the flame comes on for a few seconds and goes off again. The red light under the number 30 comes on the dead.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , can you give me the model of the boiler , please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Betacom 24c efficiency condensing boiler
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , the red led lighting under 30 means there is a fault on the central heating sensor/ thermostat.
Its an easy part to change ,if you are going to do it yourself I can get the part number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just last question mate what abt the water thats still dripping,very little though
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Can you see where its dripping from? It would be worth taking the cover off for a clear look . if its from the condensate trap then it will need removing and cleaning as well as the outlet pipe as this can affect the running of the boiler .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From a pipe on the right side joining on to a smaller pipe with a little clip around it
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Could you take a photo of it?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , is it on the copper pipe that goes outside? The safety valve pipe?

If it is , the boiler may have overheated, over pressurised, dumped out of the safety valve , hence low pressure.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , if happy with your answer would you mind rating it please ,thanks.