George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Why is the liquid detergent section of the dispenser drawer

Why is the liquid detergent section of the dispenser drawer filled with water/detergent after a wash cycle has been completed? Model ZWI 721201 WA
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The fact that water is in the compartment with the conditioner indicates that the water system is working and it is therefore a problem with the tray itself..
Have a look at the image below.. The area that I have circled in black is usually removable.. remove it and look up into it.. you'll probably find gunge blocking it.. give it a scrub together with the tube that it fits onto.. then place it back into the tray and test..

graphic

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried that, no blockages found! Is there anything else I can try?
Cheers
Did you look up the tube and down the tube?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all tubes/holes/areas clear of blockages and cleaned, drawer removed to do this and insert removed, no sign of cause!
So, if you fill the conditioner compartment with water only, does that syphone allow the water to escape?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now checked inside the drawer space of the machine having removed the drawer, in the roof of the machine are a couple of holes, are these the ones you are referring to?
No sorry.. Look at the drawer.. There is a piece of the drawer that comes out, it is called a syphon... I have placed another picture below and have highlighted the syphon.

That need to be pulled out of the right section of the drawer.. give it a thorough scrub to get all remaining conditioner off it.. Then re-fit it and try again by pouring water into it.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you include the photo please as there is nothing I can see that resembles a syphon!
graphic