George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Our NEFF dishwasher has decided that it will cut out after

Customer Question

Our NEFF dishwasher has decided that it will cut out after 15 minutes of starting, the water does not drain either, it seems like its not closing properly as if you push on the door it starts working again but only for a small period of time before t cut out again...help

E/nr: S51E50X1GB/07

FD9205

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

can you tell me if the water is hot at this point?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

Yes the water is hot at this point. I have just started it again with no dishes in it to see how long it goes for. I do have to keep goin back and pressing the door harder for it to start again.

Thanks,

Miral

This could be weakness in the door lock, or it could be pressure build-up in the appliance due to the level of hot water and no drain.

Can you check that the water is at the normal level

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

Im sorry i don't understand, how do i check the water level? :s

I have attached a picture of the dishwasher inside after it stoppedDishwasher

Well that is certainly not an above normal water level.. so that will not cause the problem.

Have you checked the pump for debris?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i have cleared it all out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have emptied all the racks and started it again, the door shuts properly without the racks inside, will see if it cuts out and if the water drains

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's cut out again and only starts when i press hard on the door, i think something maybe to do with the locking mechanism?

That is possible.. During the heating of the water, pressure is built-up in the tank of the appliance.. if the door latching mechanism is weak, the pressure creaed by the hot water can cause the door to push open..

I can not guarantee that this is what is happening in your case though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sounds like your theory may in fact be the case....i have had to call an engineer out. Do you think it will be an expensive fix?

If the theory is actually correct then the parts are not expensive to but; however, the cost of the engineer will be dependant on whom you called-out.

regards