KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosch SMS50T02GB dishwasher. It will not finish the

I have a Bosch SMS50T02GB dishwasher. It will not finish the complete cycle. It ends up with the drying light on, the check water light flashing and with a fan or pump cycling continuously at about 1 min intervals. It does not respond to the on/off switch on the machine and cannot be reset by switching off at the mains
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... it seems that water is there in the base and so anti flood device is activated... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tip it on its back by around 45 degrees so that excess water from the base drains out /// after this is done clean the drain pump completely and make sure there are no possible leaks.. plug it back and try the unit again.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was water in the base. I am now trying to access the pump for cleaning. I have removed the white clip and also a semicircular dark grey clip with two prongs. I can now see a dished area but no sign of anything resembling an impeller. Is there a further cover to be removed and if so how do I remove it.
No if all this is clean try the dishwasher again ... it should work now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the impeller which appears to rotate freely. Having trouble relocating the semicircular clip which with hindsight I should not have removed. Any suggestions please.