How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16566
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

AEG MCC3881E-M Combi oven Pn 947 640 703 When the fan oven

Resolved Question:

AEG MCC3881E-M Combi oven
Pn 947 640 703
When the fan oven is in use it stops a short while after reaching temperature and clock stops.
I have replaced one of the thermostat sensors and sadly it has not cleared the fault. I am tempted to replace the other but I am concerned it could be a control panel fault which is very expensive. any advice would be greatly appreciated, Oven just out of warranty.
rgs
Nick
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi

To be honest on this its more then likely the main control board. As what happens a lot on these is the wiring block on there burns and gives bad connections that causes this kind of fault.

Pull the oven out and remove the top panel again.
Then look at the control board behind the panel and you will see the wiring block in the middle.
Remove this and inspect the block and i think you may find this has burnt.
If so then the control board and the wiring harness will need to be replaced.
This is something i have done a lot of on these microwaves as the wiring block gives a bad connection which causes it to burn in the block and cause this.

So check that first before replacing the other parts and see what you find.

Regards
Daniel and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your reply. I did have a good look at most of the components at he time and there was certainly nothing as obvious as what you have suggested. i must admit that the sensor wire I replaced was damaged and I thought that would fix it! However I will investigate further when I am able as the appliance is in another property!

nick