Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The door of my washing machine won't open .Model ZWG6141P.

the door of my washing machine won't open .Model ZWG6141P. Serial No:###-##-#### ***** have tried waiting for end of wash cycle and selecting drain or spin programme. Whatever programme I try it goes to End
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help in this?
If so does the door handle feel loose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the door feels firm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried different programmes but they go straight to' End'
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok when it goes to end then give it a few minutes or unplug the washer and then give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening.
Fingers crossed the door opens from there.
If it does then it was the door lock stuck. See how it goes from there as sometimes it can be a one off that causes this.
But if it happens again then the door lock is the fault and will need to be replaced.
Try that and see what happens and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have given it several bashes but no luck. The door handle actually feels loose. I give up . I'll have to get someone in to fix it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok in this case the door handle is more then likley the fault as its probberly snapped.
To get inside the washer for this you need to unplug the washer and pull it out.
Remove the top panel.
From there look down the front of the inside of the washer on the door handle side.
There you will see the door lock.
Feel this on the far left and there you will feel the metal door pin.
You need to push this pin to the left and at the same time pull the door handle and that will allow the door to open.
Once open you can then check the door handle and if snapped then you need to replace it from there.
Try that if you can and see how it goes from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice but it's too difficult for me. I think someone stronger than me has to look at it .
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok no worries. Hopefully who ever you get in will sort this out for you.