Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel, I have a ZWH6120P washing machine that will not drain. Have drained manually a

Hi Daniel, I have a ZWH6120P washing machine that will not drain.
Have drained manually and tied spin mode. All it does is refill and stops.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If you set the washer to a drain only cycle do you hear the pump at the bottom running?
If not then if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise from the filter area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Heard a gurgle which stops almost immediately. I changed the drain pump as well but no difference.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there. Set it going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out and the start light will start to flash red and green.You need to count the number of red flashes and then the number of green flashes and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that. Got 6 reds followed by 6 greens
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. Im afraid this isnt good news. The error code you have is E66 which is a heater power relay fault on the control board.
When you get this code the only thing that can cause this fault is the main control board im afraid.
Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault. If you remove the top of the washer you will see the main control board there. You need to replace this and that will cure the fault from there.
Sorry its not good news but for the error code you have it can only be the control board that causes this fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. I've opened the top and there's the panel that includes the front controls and there's a separate unit with a load of connectors going into it.Is this the unit you mean: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zanussi-ZWH6120P-Washing-Machine-PCB-Control-Board-132731714-/181797031217
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No thats the front control board. Its the other one thats the issue. Its usually at the back on the top. Thats the main control board you need to replace.
If you post the product number (pnc) thats on the sticker on the inside of the door and start with a 9 i can then get the part number for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The PNC is###-##-####01)
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. The part number for the board on this model is 973914906418012