George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel, I have a Neff integrated oven about 12 years old.

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have a Neff integrated oven about 12 years old. For a while now the oven light keeps going off randomly which seems to also turn the oven off. I guess this is a safety feature but it is slowly getting worse. Is there a micro-switch somewhere that can be replaced? I have looked closely at the door and can only think it is part of the hinge mechanism. Any thoughts?
Kr
Ian
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the ENR of the appliance.. This will be on the ovens rating plate
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,The ENR number is ***** follows: B1691NOGB/01 FD 8102 b-AP25-7 (###) ###-####
KR
Ian
Having looked at the diagrams for your appliance, I have come to the opinion that other than expensive major electrical parts, there are only two parts in your appliance that you can check yourself.

There is a thermal limiter; from the diagrams that it is just inside the rear panel.. This protects the appliance from excess heat in the cavity..
When the light and the oven stop working, turn off the appliance at the wall and as fast as you can, check the continuity through the component..
If there is continuity then the problem you have is an electronic failure elsewhere..
If there is no continuity, then check to see if the cooling fan under the lid is working properly.