George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a 6 month old Goronje SensoCare 8kg washing machine

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old Goronje SensoCare 8kg washing machine model W8543D. It has been working fine but when I came to do a wash yesterday the display is stuck on a setting that won't change no matter what position I turn the dial to, or which buttons I press, nor will it start a wash on that setting. When I press start (or any other button) it beeps at me 5 times and all the lights on the display flash. The start button goes on and off continuously. Please can you help? Thanks
PS The setting it is stuck on is at 60 degrees, 1400 rpm and the key symbol is lit up. I've tried turning it on and off at the mains.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Please try pressing these two buttons at the same time and hold them for 3 secs to disengauge the childlock feature.

Please rate the assistance given by me... Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George thanks for your answer but which two buttons?
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George you are a genius, thanks so much! Such a simple thing but I was clueless. I'M marvelling at being able to get my machine in the southwest of England fixed by someone in the USA! Will come to you again.
I am in North Clare.. It depends on which site you are on as to where I appear to be..

Very glad your problem is solved.

regards