George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch fan oven HBN56M550B where both fans and oven

Customer Question

I have a Bosch fan oven HBN56M550B where both fans and oven light have stopped working. Is there an internal fuse somewhere controlling these items. The rest of the cooker works fine.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me if the clock on the fron t of the appliance is still working?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Clock is still working fine

Has the clock been set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. it was set when I connected the oven back to the mains. Time was set manually.

The I would suggest you have a look at the 9 position main-oven change-over (selector switch)

Trace the wiring back from the bulb to the selector switch; see if there is any power on the input side of the selector switch which is opposite to where the wire from the bulb connects...

If there is power at the input side then the selector switch then the selector needs changing

If there is no power at the input side let me know.

regards George

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Apologies for not coming back earlier, I have been away and have just returned. I have followed a white cable back from the main oven lamp to a PCB on the top of the oven. The other cable a light blue one goes to a terminal on the upper oven fan and then down to the negative terminal of the mains cable coming in. A black cable from the positive terminal of the mains cable runs up to the selector switch for the main oven and 2 other black cables are connected to that. One of those goes to a connector block on the PCB where the white cable from the light is also connected. That black cable is live into the white connector. I therefore assume that PCB is my problem. There are 2 other cables coming from that white connector block. A pink cable that goes to the main oven fan. The other is mauve which goes to the upper oven fan and then on to the fan on the top of the oven.

On considering what I have spent and the cost of a replacement PCB(if I can get the right one) and possible use of an engineer, I think it will be more cost effective to give up on the 9 year old cooker and purchase a new one.

Thank you for your help.

When you describe a pcb Len, are you meaning the display pcb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the display PCB is vertical with 8 thin black wires coming from it into what I consider, could be called the control PCB which is horizontal and has a black cover over it. There are about 9 other different connectors having fairly thin wires coming and going into them, attached to it and also about 5 main cable connectors coming from it to main selector switches or element terminals. Does my explanation seem reasonable?

Yes it does, I am looking at the wiring diagram at the moment and can see the large block 14a - 18a on connection A2 (Control Relay).

Just as a punt... Try turning off the power, disconnecting the connections to the board and reconnecting them to see if the connections are bad.

You could also try checking that board for broken circuits.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I have given up on it thank you. Opinions seem to be that it's 9 years of age and if we fix this something else is bound to go wrong. So I am ordering a new oven.

Thanks again for your help.

Ok Len..

regards
George