George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The electronic display is no longer working, neither is the

Customer Question

The electronic display is no longer working, neither is the machine. I have tried the basic steps of changing the fuse inside the plug and also testing the socket (which is fine).
Is there another electrical element insid that I could easily access and replace if that is the problem?
The model is: Zanussi ZWT71201WA and it is approaching 3 years old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To confirm, this is a washer dryer, the last load to be run on it was not overloaded in any way.The machine ran its cycle as usual, finished & released the door but has then failed to restart since then.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George.. The only test that you can do further to what you have already undertaken and which should only be attempted if you are confident with testing techniques and safety procedures is to test for power inline to junction J3 (Green connector) on the rear of the power board behind the fascia.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,Since posting I have changed the fuse again and there is now some life in the machine.However now that the fuse is fixed when I turn the dial (same result with door open or closed) to any setting it appears to activate a heating element inside....this fizzes and creates steam which filters out through the drum.....I've not let this run for very long, I expect this will eventually result in overloading and presumably blowing the fuse again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I close the door and try to run a cycle it comes up with the error code 'Err' on the display...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George please confirm when you will be available to talk.Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben, I am now in for the afternoon