Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We inherited a Baumatic dishwasher when we moved into our current

We inherited a Baumatic dishwasher when we moved into our current house last December. The model is integrated into our kitchen and the model number is *****
We used it earlier last week and it cleaned items ok it left about an inch of water in the bottom of the machine. We looked at the instructions which indicated that a small amount of clean water in the base of the appliance is not something to be concerned about to quote the manual. however when we next used it it did not dissolve the detergent tablet and did not clean the items. Error message E3 was shown. May we have your advices please. We think the machine is 5 years old.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
E3 error code is a time out heating fault. If its not heating up then you will find it wont dissovle the tablet and gives poor wash results.
If you want to try and fix this yourself then you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel and the back panel towards the bottom on the back.
From there locate the heater cylinder and you need to test it with a multi meter and see if faulty.
Also there will be a thermostat loacted near the heater screwed to the underside of the tub. Again test this with a multi meter and see if fault and if so replace.
But if the heater and thermostat are both ok then its more then likely the control board itself at fault here.
As the age that could be about right as Baumatic went bust in 2013 from memory and then Hoover/Candy took over the service side.
But thats what the E3 means its basically a heating fault you have in there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Daniel for your answer. I am aged 76 and only do DIY that does not involve electricity or plumbing. I do not have a multi meter so cannot do the checks you suggest. Hoover-Candy do still make dishwashers under the Baumatic name but this model is not one of them. It looks as though I will either have to get an electrician or cut my losses and get a new up to date appliance probably from another maker! .Thank you for your answer anyway.