Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel My Zanussi washing machine won't start Power is there

Hi daniel My Zanussi washing machine won't start Power is there Door locks but it doesn't start, I have restarted and switched on and off at the plug, any thoughts?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also do you have any error codes coming up or flashing lights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Zanussi Essential 1200 6kg ZWF12070W1 NO ERROR CODES OR FLASHING LIGHTS
Sorry about the caps lock!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok let's see what the error code is
Start the machine going and then press and hold the button next to it.
Keep them held in and after a few seconds the less will go out and the start light will flash.
Count the number of red flashes and the number of green flashes and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5 red and 2 green
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got that by holding down Start / pause and Auto half load button. The Start / pause button flashed red and green at me when i did this
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. The error code you have is E52 which is a motor related fault.
What you need to do is remove the back panel of the washer and there you will see the motor at the bottom. Remove this and at the back either side are the carbon brushe. Take them out and see if they have worn. If so then you need to replace them and hopefully his will get the washer back up and running again from there.
Check that and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Is it an easy job? , and where would I get such bushes from?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
You can get the brushes from a local spares centre near you if you have one or online from ththe likes of eBay or online spares shops like www.buyspares.co.uk