Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

George, I have a Bosch Fridge freezer KGN33V00GB 10FD8706 which is icing up due to

Hi George,
I have a Bosch Fridge freezer KGN33V00GB 10FD8706 which is icing up due to a blockage as thick clear ice is appearing at the back and bottom od the freezer . How do I get to the drain tube to clear it?
Robin
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please, instructions as to where the drain tube is located on this model and what to remove to get to it as there are no instructions in the hand book provided by Bosch.
Robin
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok not the easyist one to do on this model as the drain channel is loacted at the top on this model.
What you need to do is empty the freezer fully.
Then look inside the freezer at the top and you will see the evaporator housing unit thats attched to the roof. There will be a cover towards the front. Remove this and then you need to remove the cover at the top.
Now if this is blocked sometimes removing the cover can be hard due to the ice stopping it from moving there.
Or another way to do this without removing the panels is a full defrost.
Empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt itself away and clear the drain hole.
Try the above and see how it goes from there. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Daniel, but had internet problems! It seems to have sorted itself out by having a thorough defrost over 24 hours. If the problem occurs again I will contact you. Many thanks