Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi Condenser Dryer ZDC 67550W Type P542765 Prod No.###-##-####ro

Customer Question

Zanussi Condenser Dryer ZDC 67550W Type P542765 Prod No.###-##-####
Problem
The clothes are still damp after the program has finished when it has been set to "extra", which is the extra dry programme. In addition, the drum appears to stop, giving the impression that the cycle has finished, the drum will then restart. During this time no water discharges into the reservoir.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set it going and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left.
Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out and the start light will flash.

Count the number of red flashes and the number of green flashes from it and let me know what you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good to get you as I had a problem getting started. Somewhat you asked. 3 Red flashes no green crash just stays green.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry 3 red flashes no green flashes

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok strange as it should have given green flashes as the red is just half the error code.

As to the fault have you remvoed the condenser chamber at the bottom and check that isnt blocked up?

Remove it and clean it out using a hose pipe if you can and give it a blast through as if this is blocked up then this can cause problems as well.

Then if you can remove the top of the dryer and look down the front on the inside and there at the top of the drum is a carbon stick touching the drum.

Use a damp cloth and give the drum a wipe were the carbon brush runs and clean that as this is what senses the moistor in there as the 3 flashes is a drum sensor fault so clean that and see what happens from there and let me know.