George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel, I have checked the heater elements and the front thermosta

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have checked the heater elements and the front thermostat and they are all ok. How do I locate the timer unit and replace it?
John
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.What equipment is this referencing so references can be obtained to better assist on the situation?Water heater? Or other? Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Hotpoint TDC30P Aquarius Condenser Tumble dryer and the lower heat elements are not heating up. I have checked the elements of the heater and the rear and front thermostats as advised by Daniel T said if it was not those things it might be the timer and I asked how to locate and replace the timer.John
Ok, JohnThan you for the details.The question was posted to 2 different categories.Your question is definitely an Appliance question.If you have a list of your questions when you sign in, you should actually go to the original question where you received assistance previously.No need to post this second question, as yours is a followup.I will opt out out since this is an appliance followup and not in my categories.You can use the original question to continue with your previous expert.You should have a link on your page when you sign in to the site, called My Questions where you can find the one needed to followup
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, To access and remove the timer for this product you need to remove the worktop.. to do this you will find a couple of screws in the rear of the worktop... Then slide the top cover back and lift clear of retainers. Once the worktop is removed, you need to remove the timer knob by pulling the knob off the shaft, then remove the 2 screws in the console recess retaining the timer. Disconnect the wiring after noting wiring connections and timer orientation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, Thanks for that clear answer. However was Daniel T correct in suggesting the problem could be the timer? I originally asked why the low level heating was not coming on despite all the elements and the front and rear thermostats being ok. My original question arose because I found that the power was not getting to the green dot thermostat even though there was continuity in the wiring except for one black cable in and out of the junction unit alongside the motor.John
Have you checked the Heat Switch on the front of the appliance as power to the lower element is routed through this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume I have to disconnect the wires behind the switch to do this. If it is the switch can it be replaced. Mytelephone number is ***** 834593 if you wish to speak to me.John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George,
I have just checked the terminals behind the heater switches and there is continuity to both rear thermostats from both terminals. I have run the machine again but no power is arriving at the green dot thermostat but it is to the other one. When you depress the switch to High a single element heats up but none of the others for either Low or High setting. The drum rotates correctly all the time when the machine is switched on. What now?Regards. John
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam

I am sorry John, but as you stated to me on the phone, you have had a refund and therefore I can not forward you a wiring diagram or give you additional advice with the problem other than what you were instructed over the phone, unless you contact customer services once more to sort payment for the service..

regards

George