Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My fridge/freezer water is not draining away. The drainage

Customer Question

My fridge/freezer water is not draining away. The drainage channel is not blocked and the fridge bottom has to be dried out daily.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also if you pore water into the drain hole at the back in the fridge does the water drain away ok from there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model 1DA 735SN 1
The water I poured in the drain hole ran through freely
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you double check that model number please as if its a Beko then nothing is comming up with that.
Also if the drain hole is clear then do you get a lot of ice building up on the back back wall?
And does the water under the salad box refreeze up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model TDA 735 S
No buildup of ice on back water
Water under salad boxes is not frozen
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok got it thanks.
So this model has the fridge section at the bottom.
When you see the water on the bottom unde the salad boxes do you also get water on the shelves inside the fridge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok from the sounds of this then its looking like the drain hole is blocked up so then defrost water cannot drain out the hole so it overflows onto the base of the fridge.
But if you say the hole is clear and the water is draining through ok then i dont understand why its leaking onto the bottom as it isnt making sense as the defrost water runs down the back wall into the drain gutter at teh bottom of the fridge and then through the hole. So as you say thats all clear then the water should be draining through it.
Also as there not a lot of ice then its not as if its over cooling and creating too much casuing too much water as this will casue water to collect on the shelves as well.
So im afraid im not understanding this at all.
I will opt out of the question now and if another expert can think of anything else they will jump in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean I paid £20.00 and didn't get the help I need?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No not at all. If no one can help you can get a refund from customer services as its just a deposit you have paid as i havent sent an answer out.
Sometimes it can be hard to give an answer for some faults without seeing the appliance.
But if another expert can help they will jump in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks