Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Ive got a Greenstar CDi Conventional boiler and the ignition light is not lit. I have

Ive got a Greenstar CDi Conventional boiler and the ignition light is not lit. I have tried powering down and holding the reset button but no action at all. Electrics seem to be working fine, no error code just 18 which I guess in temperature in display panel
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , what is your pressure reading ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i find this? sorry not a heating engineer
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , just so I can locate it for you can you give me the exact model of the boiler and the GC number, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greenstar 30 CDi
41 311 71
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK , thanks , give me a couple of mins.
Hi , OK it doesn't have a pressure gauge, my mistake , it is topped up with a header tank.
Let's start again.
When you press reset button with a call for heating and hot water on the programmer ,does the boiler make any sounds at all ,ie fan running, boiler sparking( trying to light ) ?pump running ?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? I need to get this fixed!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting for your reply for 2 and a half hours
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Now have to go out on a job
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent you the model number etc that you asked for at 10.14 (and replied to at 10.15). What reply are you waiting for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me whether you are still active on this?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
I think he has gone?Are you still having a problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think there was a problem with one of his replies - it did not come through until just now
I still have the problem
When restarting there is no noise nor sign of action apart from the lights coming on and then off again - but the temperature box remains lti
Can you run through what happens with approximate timings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all lights including ignition light come on for 3 secs then go off - temperature and blue light remain on
Does the blue light flash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
It sounds like it is in standby mode waiting for a signal.Can you confirm the programmer is calling for heat and the room stat and cylinder stat are turned up?Is the pump running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The programmer is calling for heat and the thermostat is set at 25C (house 20C). No sound of a pump running. Could it be a bad electrical connection between the thermostat and the boiler?
It could be if the pump is not running.Is the hot water still ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hot water was off as well (actually hot water was the only thing on previously), now on immersion
ok, sounds like a programmer/motorised valve fault then.If you get an electrician or good heating engineer he will be able to follow the power and diagnose within 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure that this explains why the pilot light is not lit? I thought it should be on all of the time
If the boiler did not light you would get a blue flashing light
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Gas cooker specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wiring issue. Thanks for your help