George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My zanussi washer dryer has an intermittent fault with the

my zanussi washer dryer has an intermittent fault with the door lock. when you switch it on sometimes there is a click from the lock and it will work. if it does not click then it will not work. have tried resetting the pcb and when you go through the
procedure you hear clicks from the lock. when it is reset then it may work or it may not. have tried a new door interlock which made no difference. the model is a zwd 16270w
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Check the wiring connections to the lock for burn marks or looseness. If no signs can be found at the lock, check for dry joints on the pcb at the relays or loose connections of the wiring to the pcb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday the machine worked and today it will not. No clicks from the door . Only when resetting the board
Turn the dial to off.
Press and hold, simultaneously, the start button and the button to the left of it.
While holding, turn the dial 1 click clockwise.
The lights flash, release the buttons and the lights scroll.
Turn the dial clockwise through each position till you get to off again; whilst doing so, at the 10th position clockwise, note any error code shown in the display or, in the case of no display, count the red and green flashes start of the start button.
Once you have reached the OFF position, turn the dial to any program and then back to off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me to do that yesterday and i did. Does the 10th position mean the 11th if you go 10 after the 1st or the 10th including the 1st
Thank you for phoneing... You have done it correctly otherwise you would not have been able to give me flash sequence that you have given.
Below are links to the documents I promised you for your other related question...
Let me know when you have downloaded them and I can then remove them from the server.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have downloaded them thanks.will let you know how we get on.many thanks