Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Bosch washer drier WKD28540GB and we were drying

We have a Bosch washer drier WKD28540GB and we were drying some washing when we realised we had left some out. We managed to stop the programme and add the remaining items. However, ever since, we can't do anything, wash or dry. There's no error message, just a time remaining (which is always 2hrs 20 mins) and none of the buttons - option, tumble etc - do anything. Switching it off changes nothing, it comes back on as it was when switched off. We've tried every programme too and that changes nothing. Is there a reset button? What do you suggest please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you turn the washer on do you see anyother symbol lit up other then the time?

Do you see a red key sign lit up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel. The machine is at my mother's house so I can't answer immediately. I'll check later today. Thanks for the help so far. Val

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I checked it out and there was a weight of items in the drum displayed and the time appeared to have changed - now 15 mins where it was over 2 hours before. I'm assuming it reduced each time we switched it on to try and get it to work. Various buttons now responded when they just ignored me before. I managed to get a drain program to work (although there wasn't any water in it) and now it's back to the beginning as if nothing had gone wrong!! I have yet to actually run a full program but it's looking hopeful. I'm not sure what we did to sort it out, so many people had tried and we basically tried everything, pressing various buttons and trying each program. Obviously your magic worked even though you only asked me a question! Many thanks for your time. Wish me luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Val

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ha ha its always the way that happens. Its like when i do house calls and get there the washer works fine. See how it goes from there and fingers crossed this will be fine. But if it plays up again then just get back to me. Regards