Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got a Rangemaster RDW6012FI/SF dishwasher. About

Hi. I've got a Rangemaster RDW6012FI/SF dishwasher. About 3 years old. Problem is won't start - no lights at all. Have checked the obvious fuses etc and power is getting to it. It did start misbehaving a couple of days ago - unexplainedly stopping mid cycle etc before finally dying. This leads me to suspect the control board. Just wanted to check are there other (less expensive) potential causes or is it bite the bullet and get a new board time? Thanks in advance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If the power supply is fine and theres nothing comming on the display then its usually the power board.
But it can also be the door wiring. As the wires run up the door to the control board at the top and sometimes the wires can break in the bend on the door and cuts the power to the top.

Remove the wooden outer door and then the outer metal door panel and there you will see the wiring running from the bottom up to the top.

You need to release the wiring in the loom and open it up and give each wire a tug and check for any broken wires and repair if there is,

But if the wiring is fine then its more then likely the control board at fault here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

many thanks for that. Checked wiring and apart from doing a point-point it looks OK. Will rate service once I've installed new board - hopefully at that point 100% + otherwise I'll be back with question Kind Regards Steve

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - new board arrived and fitted. Still have problems. I'll try to describe as follows:

1.On/Off button appears to do nothing at all

2. I can get the display live by holding the 'P' and start buttons together for a few secs

3. With the door shut I can press the P button and it runs thro' the cycles

4. It then locks up. Only way to reset is to turn on/off @ mains

Thro' pressing a certain combination of buttons with door open/shut I did get an 'E9' error. Not been able to replicate this though and not sure if red herring

What do you think? Kind Regards Steve

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok E9 from memory on this is an overflow problem. But this is a stored code so only shows up once when you do the above. So that code could have been from a while ago as it just stores it. If its still not working and you are getting lights up when you hold the buttons then its more then likely the top board then. As you can see theres 2 boards on this the main board and the display board. Now if no lights come on at all then its usually the main board as the relay on there fails. But if the lights do come on when you press and hold the buttons then the relay on there will be fine. Sorry i wasnt aware the board lit up like this when i said it was the main board. In this case if its looking like the display board is the fault here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - OK - I've popped the old main board back in and the same happens - so you're right it's off the hook and I'll be checking the returns policy for a refund from the supplier (wish me luck!) What's the chances of it being the power switch? Not wishing to spend another GBP100 on another board that may or may not work. I get some odd results with the multimeter. Goes from very low resistance to even lower when pressed. Admittedly whilst in circuit but is this a reasonable possibility or clutching at straws? Thx Steve

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok on this is the power switch seperate from the display board?
It just shows on the diagram its complete.
The diagrams are not always correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel. I think from your previous post it's most likely the display board or related element. Given it's another 100 and may not work I think I'm giving up. Will leave positive feedback

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi No worries. It is sounding like the display board is the issue here. So sometimes its not worth the repairs now a days as parts can be very expensive for what they are. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're not wrong there. Not a fan of the consumer culture which is why I try to mend things where I can - more about being anti wasteful than the money. But will admit defeat this time ...

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries.

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.