Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have model mc28h5125 when we opened micro door it blew the

We have model mc28h5125 when we opened micro door it blew the fuses, we changed the fuses and it worked, it has blew the fuses again as soon as we opened the door.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
When you say it blow the fuse was it the internal fuse inside or the fuse in the plug?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The internal fuse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It also tripped the mains power.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok i think you will find the door switches are the fault here. As the switchs are like a fail safe as they all have to switch over at the same time as if one doesnt then it will cause the internal fuse to blow.
So inspect the door switches there as its usually 3 microswitches and as look at them with the casing off as you open and close the door and see if one of them isnt switching over.
Also check the switches in the frame are correct and not hanging lose.
Once the door switches all switch over at the same time this will stop the internal fuse from blowing like this.
So check them and see what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's exactly what I thought, I think its probably the lower switch.would it be advisable to replace them all and where would I obtain them
I checked the 3 micro switches and the middle one appears to be jammed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Click the link below and you can get the switches from there. Click here From memory 2 are the same and the other is different. As yes replace all 3 as thats what we done. When ever theres a fault on the door switch we always replace them all at the same time. Regards