Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am replacing the electric water heater element on a MAH7550

I am replacing the electric water heater element on a MAH7550 Maytag Neptune clothes washer. When installing the new heater I find there is a wire support structure inside the rubber heater enclosure. How does this wire structure interact with the element? Should I push the element on top of the wire structure or does it somehow slide into the wire support?
Mike
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

That wire you see is the heater bolard. What it does is holds the heater in place inside the drum.

The heater slides into the that wire bolard so its sits in the middle of the heater.
Just insert the heater into the drum and hold it center and push it forwards and it will then slide stright through the wire bolard and this will hold it in place from there.

Hope you understand that. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm... When I am finished there should be wire from the bolard both above and below the heater element and the bolard wire supports will be touching the element.

Mike

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats correct.