Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My BEKO upright freezer TZA 6016 FFW is making a very loud

My BEKO upright freezer TZA 6016 FFW is making a very loud noise, narrowed it down to the fan assembly for the evaporator.
Appliance has been defrosting for around 6hrs now - I've removed the 3 front screws & the 2 back screws which retain the Evaporator bottom cover assembly but I still can't get the cover to drop so I can gain access to the fan.
Are there anymore fastenings or do you think its ice still to defrost ????
cheers Ian
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the fan was noisy then its usually ice that builds up around the fan and causes the noise.
As its quite rare a fan fails on this type of freezer.

As to removeing the panels again this will be due to the ice holding it all together. What you will be best doing is a full defrost if you can.

Turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open as this will allow the ice to fully melt away.
Then if you still want to get access to the fan this will be a lot easyer from there.

But once defrosted just turn it back on and if it isnt noisy then it was just the ice pooling up around the fan casuing the noise.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I was hoping it was down to ice build up as you said - nice to know it's rare for the fans to pack in.

Boxed it back together again after the 'Bake Off' Final -

so far so good ( No noise).

Thanks for all your Help.

Cheers Ian