Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an integrated fridge/freezer 50/ 50 first there was

I have an integrated fridge/freezer 50/ 50 first there was an smell off it like bleach, then the fridge stopped working then a few weeks later the freezer, is there any hope for it
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you press on the back wall inside the fridge does any part of it feel spongy as you press on it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

back of fridge plastic no spongy feel Model In C 265A1

Type kcm 02

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you double check the model number please as thats not comming up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on the brochure it says

IN C 265 AI

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Got it now thanks as its an i on the end not a 1 so thats great thanks.

As this is a static appliance ie not frost free can you hear the compressor at the back running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the compressor is running but theres no cooling then its a system fault here. For this you would need to get a fridge engineer in as this isnt a diy fix as you need the correct tools and equipment to do this. But this isnt going to be a cheap fix. As a new compressor is about the £300 mark which just isnt worth it. But if you wanted it fixing then you can get a repair plan from Indesit direct. Its about £18 a month and that includes the full repair. Its quite expensive but for that price if it cannot be fixed they will replace it with a brand new one as well. So not bad for that price. Other then that they will fix it and you will have a full 12 month warrenty on the whole appliance. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it very much.Would you recommend a new fridge/freezer?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Your very welcome for the help.

Personally if it was mine i would go for a new appliance rather then messing around trying to fix it.