George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Samsung RS21DCNS Refrigerator. Just recently it has

I have a Samsung RS21DCNS Refrigerator. Just recently it has started making a horribly loud noise. The noise stops when the fridge door is opened. The temperature reading is set around 10 degrees despite the fact that I have set it to 3 degrees and the water dispenser isn't working.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me how long you defrosted the appliance for when this last happened?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I defrosted it for 24 hours.
The noise is likely the fan hitting ice.. This is usually caused by failure of the defrost heater and related parts, which causes a build-up if ice that then prevents cool air being circulated.
You'll need to defrost again, but try defrosting for 48 - 72hrs on this model.
Oncee you have defrosted you'll need to have the defrost parts replaced.. You can buy a kit for this. You'll need to buy the correct kit for your appliance and this will be determined by which type of evaporator cover you have.
Please rate the assistance give by me today then feel free to return for further help if necessary.