George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Candy WM is draining but not spinning. I can't get it

Customer Question

Hi my Candy WM is draining but not spinning. I can't get it to operate now on a new cycle. It starts to fill then stops after a minute. I have checked the filter and pulled out a few bits but it is clear, and still not working. Please help!?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can I ask you to put the appliance on a spin only program and tell me what happens

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George, it is on a spin cycle now it tries to initiate but nothing happens. The light for the spin cycle and for spin speed of 1400 is lit. I opened the filter before putting g on spin and only a bit of water came out. Thank you.

If you take out the motor and check, I think you'll find that the brushes have worn too low for them to operate the motor.. You'll need to replace these brushes in the motor..

Please rate the assistance given by me today & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George can you give me a spec on the type of brushes I need?

It depends on the motor fitted to your appliance.. If you can post me an image of the brushes you have, I should be able to identify them for you.

Hi Brooke, did you check which motor you have on the appliance, or photograph the brushes>

regards
George