George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff T1.D20 hob, five+ years old, but only used

Customer Question

I have a Neff T1.D20 hob, five+ years old, but only used occasionally. The hob refuses to operate no matter what buttons I press (and after turning off power in an effort to re-set) and the hob lights intermittently flash. After several hours the hob starts to operate again, but this doesn't last long. Is the problem something that I can repair myself?  Thanks Robin Haldane

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you supply the ENR and FD

This is usually due to components on the module inside the hob. This is not a user repairable fault.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Do you have the ENR & FD so that I can see if there is a replacement board available for you?

regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No further information without removing the hob from the granite worktop - the hob is well stuck down!

If I got a replacement board (if that is, indeed the problem) would I be able to replace it myself. I am reasonably competent DIY.

Robin

The hob top is removable by unscrewing it from the underneath. Replacement of boards, after removing the elements out of the way is generally undo a couple of screws, then unplug the wires and replace them like for like Robin. There is not much difference between models .. only types.
Have you managed to get at the board yet Robin?