Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an aqualux 1000 integrated washing machine. i recently

Customer Question

Hi, i have an aqualux 1000 integrated washing machine. i recently stripped it down due to a screw getting wedged between the drum and casing, after putting it all back together i switched it on for a trial wash. it seems to run ok until it empties and then wont stop emptying. i have replaced the water pressure switch but it has made no difference-even disconnecting the pipe to it makes no difference. it doesn't look like there is much more to it than the timer .i've tried it on different programs but doesn't seem to get passed emptying(will fill and empty as needed until it's final emptying cycle)
Roy
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EW1013l (914880115)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that ive got it now.
So as to the fault when you say its draining all the time is this during the wash cycle as well?
If you set it to a spin only what actually happens?
Is the drum turning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't continually run through the wash cycle,only when it is on drain cycle but i have just put it on a spin and it is just draining,
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so when you set it to a spin cycle is the drum spinning as well?
Does the pump run forever untill you stop it or is the spin completing and stopping on its own with the clothes spun ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, drum doesn't spin,
the pump continues to run without anything else happening, the timer doesn't seem to move either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
most programs seem to work ok until it gets to the final drain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've just put it onto a single rinse, it fills up and spins a little then it will probably empty and stay on that
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok the pump running all the time is normal as it always does when on a spin cycle.
The fault will be the drum not spinning.
Is it turning at all on a spin cycle?
If so then what is inside the washer at the moment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been emptying for ages and has now just finished the cycle without doing anything else- no spin, nothing!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you gone over all the wiring connections from the motor up to the timer unit?
Have you checked the carbon brushes at the back of the motor and seen if they have worn down.
Also check the wires are still attached to the carbon brushes as well.
If thats all ok then you need to test the motor with a multi meter. If you have a meter and its not the wiring then let me know and i will upload the service manaul that has the test points and readings for the motor to see if its the motor.
As if the motor is fine and the wiring is as well then its the timer as this timer is the timer/ speed control for the motor as well as its an all in 1 timer on this.
Check them and see what you find and let me know. As if it was working fine before you striped it down then its possibley a bad connection on the wiring somewere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor does turn the drum on normal cycle, it's when it comes to draining-it continues to drain and nothing else happens. i can hear the timer clicking but it doesnt seem to be moving much, it doesn't matter which wash i put it on it's when it comes to emptying that it seems to stay, shouldn't the drain pump stop as soon as the pressure switch says empty?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok no the pump runs all the time when a spin. As it has to because when it spins it needs to pump the water out from the clothes so the pump runs all the time when on a spin. This happens on all make and models of washing machine apart from some brand new models as they use different pressure sensor rather then pressure switches but thats new models and only a few do this. The rest just pump out the whole time the spin is selected.
So try this and see if the drum spins then,
Pull the pressure hose off the pressure switch and then set it going on a spin only without it filling with water first and see if it will spin then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same- pump running, nothing else happening
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok do you have a multi meter to be able to test the motor?
Also i am taking it you have checked the wiring connections to the motor and the timer?
Yes i know you say the motor turns on wash but worth checking just incase if a bad connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have removed all the connectors on the timer circuit board, cleaned and replaced. had the motor connector off a few times and it seems ok. i do have a multimeter to hand. would the timer not still move regardless of it spinning or not?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok ive just uploaded the service manual its for the timer and motor so it has the test points on there so have a look at that and see what you find. As to the timer not clicking round yes its ment to. Even if the drum isnt turning its ment to turn and click off after several minutes.Its more then likely the timer but this way you can rule the motor out. As you can see there isnt much inside this washer. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have just checked for power going to the motor whilst on spin cycle and it is dead, checked back at the circuit board and nothing. will have a look at the manual over the weekend and check the board out a bit more, will get back to you when i have done it, cheers!
regards,
Roy
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine. If theres no power to the motor during the spin then its more then likely the timer unit at fault here.