George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Miele premier 520 model w522. We have several minor proble

Customer Question

Hi I have a Miele premier 520 model w522. We have several minor problems with it.
It will not switch off when it finishes a wash (occasionally it will)
Some times the "excessive detergent" fault light comes on, when I'm sure we have not.
Finally occasionally the machine refuses to spin - it tries, but then continues the normal washing action. I've checked the brushes, and they are fine.
Regards Rob
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam
Apart from not switching off at the end of the wash, the machine is working fine. I'm happy to wait for an answer, but don't want to pay if an answer is not forthcoming!
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bob, my name is George..

This may or may not be your problem, but the only thing that I can think of that relates the three issues is either a faulty pressure switch or more rarely something restricting the pump. My money would be on the pressure switch.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.