Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a 1990 integrated De Dietrich fridge with small, internal

I have a 1990 integrated De Dietrich fridge with small, internal freezer at the top. Below the fridge compartment is a separate drawer section for veg & bottles etc. this section has it's own separate decor front & can be opened on its own. Lately, the small freezer iced up completely. I defrosted it & it very quickly refroze. Then it started to defrost spontaneously, dripping down into the fridge, ruining the contents. Also, huge ice has built up on the rear internal wall of the fridge. At times this melts, then re freezes. Changing the thermostat has little control on what is happening. Is this a thermostat fault, am I likely to get parts, anxious not to get ripped off. Thank you. X
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
From the sounds of this its more then likely the thermostat at fault here as if its getting to much ice then the thermostat isnt switching off the compressor casuing too much ice to build up like its doing.
As to getting parts then to be honest its more then likely obsolete as 25 years is a lot time fo the spares to still be avaiable. As most manufactores usually make spares for about 15 years so you may struggle. If you can post the model number of the appliance i can check for you but i think you will find the part will now be obsolete on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Daniel. The appliance number is ***** De Dietrich.Best regards, Carole.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the model number. Ive checked the details on that an the thermostat isnt comming up.
So when this happens it means the part is now obsolete so im afraid this isnt look good as the part is listed as obsolete which means you will struggle to get hold of it from anywere,
Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah well, I guess it has done well since 1990. Thank you Daniel for your sound and swift advice.
Best regards,
Carole xX