Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fault code appeared on My ZKT 651D induction Hob E6

I have a fault code appeared on My ZKT 651D induction Hob E6 could you advice
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Sorry to hear of your difficulty.Since you have already attempted to remove power and get the unit to reset, look at the picture below and see if the child lock may have accidentally been activated.On some units the E6 is this issue.Follow the instructions and see if that will allow use of the hob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a fault code appeared on My Zanussi ZKT6511D induction hob a warning code keeeps coming up when switched on (E6). I have switched off and then on at the mains power there is no child locks on this m/c as the previous technition suggested I switched off. Please advise
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
E6 error code is a commuication fault fault. This is from the service manual.
E6
Communication
interference
between filter and
power component.
or temp. Sensor is
defective/missing
Note: a norm
requirement with
regard to new
powerboards results
in the power supply
for the electronics
on the powerboard
being deactivated in
the case of a
missing or incorrect
temp. sensor value.
1)
(5)
Checking of the contact with the power
element.
Is the temp. Sensor connector locked in place
or the dummy connector (3 zone appliances,
no coil connected) inserted?
2) The resistance at room temperature (25°C)
is 1000 Ohm.A deviation of +1°C
corresponds to approx. +3.3 Ohm
Replace the corresponding coil incl.
Temperature sensor if not in this zone.
1) Check the cables between the two boards.
(6),
Reinsert connector.
Or replace cable.
2) Should all of the zones on the cooking hob
be affected (Display "E" in the cooking phase
display), replace filter board .
3) Should the above not succeed, replace
power component.
Basically its a fault between the small filter board which is were the power cable goes to and the main control power board. What you need to do is remove the hob and then remvoe the glass top.
Then remove the magnetic plates and then you can access the power boards. Check the connections on there and then you will see a smaller board at the back were the power cable goes to. Check the connections on there as well.
But if the wiring connections are fine and its still showing E6 error code then its either the small filter board or the main power board im afraid.
Not sure why you was told its the child lock as that wont give any error codes it just comes up L when thats activated.
If you need anymore info on this just get back to me.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for info. I have since turned on the Hob, no error codes, I was wondering if the ambient temp could be the problem, I have just returned after 3 wks away and the whole house was very cold/damp a little. I will have to wait to see if the fault shows again.
Cheers.