Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

My Potterton Suprima 100 has operated satisfactorily

My Potterton Suprima 100 has operated satisfactorily for nine years, but recently the central heating has remained on, pump running, all the time - whatever the programmer says!
The programmer is set to 'Twice', and the times are as the default setting, and the red indicator lights come on and off in accordance with that default setting - but the boiler doesn't obey the programmer's instructions.
Originally I suspected that the frost stat had failed closed, but disconnecting the frost stat made no difference. The boiler remained 'on'.
Help! Dr R V Peacock
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , check in a the boiler wiring if the switch live is live . this will see if the boiler is staying on because of a controls issue or a boiler pcb issue .