Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why has our Panasonic bread maker stopped making what was hitherto

Customer Question

Why has our Panasonic bread maker stopped making what was hitherto the perfect loaf? It is coming up to 4years old and is used regularly but not every day. It appears that the mixing and kneading is OK but the proving seems to be the problem. The loaves are coming out of the machine small and dense. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.This is caused by a failing pre heater element. When this fails, the unit will produce dense loaves as it doesn't get warm enough during the proofing process.The heating element is easy to change out and I will help you with that.The best place to get a new heating element is Repair Clinic:Phone1-***-***-**** US and Canada.1-***-***-**** for calls from US Territories and APO/FPO bases.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looking in to the bread maker a can see a singe electrical element. Does this element provide the heat for the various parts of the baking process? My reason for asking is that if there is only one element then it seens to me that the fault may be with the electronic process timer since the bread is being part baked which suggests the element I can see is working.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes it is the same element that does both bake and rise, so yes it does run at different cycles for each operation.

It could be the main board as you mentioned, but more likely it is the rise time T stat at fault here.

The best way to know what you need is to perform a test, if you have a meter for that it would be the best way but since this is a rather simple device, you can do something and let me know the result.

Turn the unit on and set a bake cycle for a normal loaf of bread to mix, rise and bake. The after the fist mix, give about ten more minutes and let me know if there is any heat at all from the element?

Then I will advise on what to replace to fix this;-)

Thanks for the rating, and let me know as i will be with you until this is working correctly.

Tech Michael