KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I've a Bosch maxx it WFR2460 washing wMachine...the machine

Hi..I've a Bosch maxx it WFR2460 washing wMachine...the machine works fine 50%+ of the time...however sometimes the whole display flashes when I wish to select a programme...if I wait a while it usually settles such that I can select a programme..sometimes it settles but won't start; usually it settles and then I can start it. Strange!!....can anybody provide a diagnosis of which bit is broken please based upon previous machines... Thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... how old is your washer ? and can you remove the top off the washer to check the control board ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi-yes I have it to pieces at the moment-I am very handy-but these electrical issues cause me grief! All the pipes have been cleaned, brushes replaced on the motor, new door seal et cetera so the basic stuff is all in order-so I can remove bits as required .... Thanks
OK, after you have removed the top... check the control board which is located towards the right of the washer...remove all the connections one at a time and then reconnect them... check if this makes any difference, if it does not then check the connections to the door switch and make sure those are fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - i reseated all connections and the doorstop is working fine too....still flashing - do you think its time for a new circuit board and if so are they relatively cheap and easy to obtain? Thanks again

As you have already replaced the brushes and everything all seems fine the problem is with the main board that will need replacement... depending on the age of this appliance it might be better to buy a new one instead of spending £180 to buy a new board________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks