Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Have a Zanussi ZCOF 636 X coffee machine. This was bought

Customer Question

Have a Zanussi ZCOF 636 X coffee machine. This was bought 2nd hand direct from a kitchen showroom and had only been used as display + for customer coffee.
The display it was in had been taken down by the time I purchased the machine and a number of parts relating to the power wiring were missing which I have replaced. However when I turn the machine on the rcd is being flipped.
From the "curly" wire from the coffee machine I have connected with standard 2.5mm cable via the connector direct to a plug and plug socket.
Have I done something wrong, am I missing another part, or is this another problem?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to wait for an answer thanks for asking
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Are you having a power up problem?Does it appear to work at all with the wiring you did?Also please clarify what you did to hook this machine up?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,The machine powers up and then the rcd trips.From the curly cable which came with the machine I have used the small connectors provided to wire into 2.5mm cable running directly into a 13amp plug into the wall.As said it came out of a kitchen showroom and they had taken down the kitchen it was in so don't know if I am meant to have a transformers or anything.ThanksDanny
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Dan,This sounds like you may have a short in the unit itself. As can happen when these are moved around. You will need to open the case to get to the electronics and let me know a few things, We will try to help you get this going.You will need a cheap meter to do a few tests.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Dan.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael,I will get a meter tomorrow and come back to you then. Does power need to be running through it to check?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks, Dan, for some of the tests you just need to use caution as they will be live tests as well.

Thanks, please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you and have a great evening Dan.

Tech Mike