George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

OVEN TAKING AGES TO GET TO RIGHT TEMPERATURE AND THEN NOT MAINTAINING

OVEN TAKING AGES TO GET TO RIGHT TEMPERATURE AND THEN NOT MAINTAINING TEMPERATURE. DONT KNOW HOW OLD IT IS AS WE HAVE JUST MOVED HOUSE. SUSPECT IT HAS BEEN IN THIS HOUSE SINCE IT WAS BUILT. APPROX 22 YEARS. DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH SPENDING ANY MONEY ON IT AS HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT NEW SEALS. S2GB/O1? WHAT DO U SUGGEST? MO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DO NOT WANT TO SIGN UP FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS. HAPPY TO PAY £20 BUT NO MORE.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
I have checked the availability of the parts for your oven that are amongst the list of likely culprits.. and they are all currently available.
Please tell me what setting you normally use when using the oven.
Just ignore the request for further questions or subscriptions if you do not want them.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried the symbol which looks like an upside down fork which I presume is the fan and also the one showing that the top and bottom of the oven are being used. Have also a problem when using the grill as an oven the top of the food is not cooked and the bottom is burnt.
Hi Mo, here is an image of the two main settings for your oven highlighted in yellow..
The top one is for the fan; the bottom one is for the top/bottom elements which are classified as a conventional oven.
If you have tried both of these and consider that the temperature of the oven is still lower than it should be then the problem may be with the thermostat.
If the temperature is actually right but is taking too long to reach the correct temperature the issue will be with the elements.. but the element can be changed and, if you use compatible elements rather than originals then they are a lot cheaper to buy.
regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, George. Cant see the image. Did you attach it? Sounds like I should buy a new cooker I think.
Sorry Mo, I did forget...
I have repaired many of these ovens and consider them well worth repairing.
Good ovens are getting hard to come by these days.
Settings Image
Click the link above
regards