Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I recently got advice from you about a hotpoint washing

Hello, I recently got advice from you about a hotpoint washing machine; the heater relay panel was replaced and it worked for a couple of weeks, but the same fault has returned now (it starts a was cycle and then stops with the LCD panel flashing F-08
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you have replace the control board and its still showing the F08 error code then it will be the heater element.

Now it may not be open circuit but what happens is the heater leaks to earth so it has a poor insulation and this causes the F08 error code.

Most of the time its down to the control board but as thats been replaced then its more then likely the wash heater is down to earth.

If you have a decent multimeter or megger then you can test the heater and replace.

But if not then it will be a case of replacing the heater and seeing how it goes.

As if the wiring to the heater is fine then its either the heater or the control board so as the board has been replaced then it just leaves the heater im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi i tested the heater and got 30 Ω is this good or bad?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thats good as the contonuity is fine. But i though it would be, You need to test the heater to earth. Really you need a megger or insulation meter for that. If you havent got one then just test each sode of the heater probs to the earth tag and it shouldnt give a reading. If it does then its faulty and will need to be replaced. Regards