George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Belling Countrychef 924 (10 years old and still

Hello. I have a Belling Countrychef 924 (10 years old and still fantastic). The left hand fan oven door, now wont stay shut. It seems like the door catch striker (is that what its called?) is not staying/clicking into the catch on the oven door. Is there something simple I can do. or a spare part I can order?
Nikki
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nikki, my name is George..

The door catch is replacable on these appliances.

Somewhere on the surround to either the oven or the grill is a label with a model number on it... The model number is ***** a set of 9, 10, or 12 numbers.. Can you let me know what they are please.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George. I can see a serial number which is 63101665 09 (I think. 49 year old eyes arent so good at close up reading now!) Is that what you meant?

Nikki

No Nikki, the number on a country Cheff 924 should start with '05'..

However, does the part look like this?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I got my 17yr old's eyes on the numbers and they definitely start with 03.

Im not sure if the part look likes that, as its inside the door. I will get my husband to attempt to take it apart and have a look

Ok Nikki...

The only numbers that are listed against the 924 model are as follows:
924 (050561071)
924 (050561072)
924 (050561073)
924 (050561074)
924 (050561079)

Maybe you are looking at something else.. If you can give me that full number I'll see if I can find out what it is.

Either way, the door parts for the 924 are still available, so I should be able to get you on the right track.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you George. I cannot see any number starting 05. I checked my original receipt for the cooker and its definitely a Countrychef 924.

I will get back to you later this evening as I am currently at work.

I will try and take the door off and see what I can see inside.

Thank you for you help so far

Ok Nikki, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Can you take a picture of the rating plate for me.. that may help further?.

regards
George

Hello Nikki,

Have you had a look to see if that is the right part that you need...

I look forward to your response and your rating.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George. I AM SO sorry. I meant to message you monday. Its all sorted now. we took the door off and discovered a screw missing, which once replaced, made the catch work perfectly. Thank you for your help.

nikki

Thank you for letting me know Nikki..

Can I ask you to rate my assistance please.

regards
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair