Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a AEG gas hob model no dk4490 and last night I sprayed

Customer Question

I have a AEG gas hob model no dk4490 and last night I sprayed the glass surface with a cleaner and due to the rubber sealing ring being dislodged under one of the control knobs, a sight smoke was seen accompanied by slight burning. Trying on the knobs after cleaning and drying the hob, there seems that there is no electrical supply as the on-off indicator rings does not show. i SUSPECT A FUSE HAS BLOWN IN THE PLUG BUT IN THE LIGHT OF THE "BURNING SMELL", would it be safe to replace the fuse and see if it works although I can still smell the burnt smell from one of the knobs. Advice please as to whether I can sort this out or call a AEG technician please ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Do you know the PNC or Product Code of the hob please?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.